now browsing by tag
What is PANCHAK?
Panchak is an inauspicious Yoga or period. Panchak means a group of five, Panchak kaal occurs when Moon is present in Aquarius [Kumbha] and Pisces, in the last 5 constellations: Dhanista (Last two Charanas), Shatabhisha, Purva Bhadrapada, Uttara Bhadrapada and Revati.
Panchak kaal remains for almost five days.
Panchak Kaal is considered inauspicious, so avoid auspicious events like Marriage, Mundan during Panchak Kaal [Yoga]
According to ancient textbook following activities should be prohibited during Panchak:
- Griha Pravesh or House warming ceremony [Vastu shanti]
- Marriage rituls
- Building roof [Slab] of a house
- Funeral of a dead body, however, cremation can be done after performing some specific rituals.
- However Upnayan Sanskar can be performed during Panchak Kaal
Why Panchak is Important?
During Panchak kaal, the five great elements of the universe become unbalanced and cause an imbalance within the family structure.
If a death happens during this period and if, the proper ritual is not performed, the dead person will carry another five (5) family members with him within a period of two-years.
Kinds of Panchak
According to Vedic astrology, there are five types of Panchak Yoga, based on their starting days [Var]
- Mrityu (Death)
- Panchak yog if begins on a Saturday, is known as Mrityu (death) Yog Panchak.
- Marriage and / or starting of any important event should strictly avoid during this period.
- Rog (Disease)
- Panchak begins on Sunday is known as Roga (diseases) Panchak Yoga which creates health problems.
- Kingdom (Raj)
- Panchak yog if begins on a Monday, is considered auspicious and known as Rajya (kingdom) Yoga Panchak.
- All government related matters or change in job should be avoided during this period.
- Agni (Fire)
- If Panchak begins on a Tuesday, is inauspicious and known as Agni (fire) Panchak Yog.
- Starting of any new construction, shifting in to a new house [Grah Pravesh or Vaastu Shanti] and machinery related work should be avoided during this period.
- Chor (Theft)
- Panchak begins on a Friday, is inauspicious, and known as Chor (theft) Panchak Yog, Starting of travel, starting of new business or financial activities should be avoided during this period.
Possible Troubles of the Panchak Nakshatras
- Fire Accidents
- May leads to discords in the life of the person.
Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra:
- Creates health problems
Uttara Bhadrapada Nakshatra:
- Uttarabhadrapada Nakstra if falls on a Sunday, Sarvartha Siddhi Yoga is formed, which is considered good for engagement or marriage.
- Guilty and payment of fine or any such charges
- Financial crunches
- Avoid constructing a roof during Revati Nakshatra
Last three Panchak Nakshatra:
- Purva bhadrapada, Uttara bhadrapada and Revati if fall on a Sunday, a kind of auspicious Yoga is formed, this period gives success and prosperity.
- According to ancient text recite Gayatri Mantra and perform Havan to reduce the negative effects of “Panchak”
- Distribute sweets to labors before starting the construction of roof of a house
- Perform Hanuman Puja before starting a journey
- Performing some prescribed rituals with dead body’s funeral ceremony can eliminate the bad effects.
- If due to one or another reason this rituls are not performed, then have to do Panchak Nakshtra shanty puja